1. Put a Free Twitter icon in your blog’s header, sidebar or both.
2. Write articles about Twitter like these: Should You Be On Twitter? Two Ways Twitter Surpasses Blogging, and How To Use Twitter With Your Business.
3. Each time you mention Twitter in a blog post, link to your Twitter ID.
4. If you know how to edit your blog theme, find where the blog post author is displayed and link to your Twitter ID with the words “Follow The Author On Twitter.”
5. When people sign up for your email announcement list, ask them to also follow you on Twitter… either on the thank you page, the welcome email or under your signature in each broadcast.
Update: Matt Bacak just added several more tips for gaining Twitter followers to his blog. Check out his “Retweet” icon within the blogpost. I’ll have to try that!